February 14, 2008

Cuptertino

I leave for Cupertino, California in approximately 4.5 hours and I am decidedly unhappy about it. Perhaps unhappy isn't the best word for it, but I'm definitely in a crabby mood and there's no changing that.

Maybe it's the fact that this quarter has really done a number on me. It seems like I'm constantly tired and always in a rush. I never seem to have enough time in the day to do the things I want to do and when I do take my time, I fall precariously behind. The recent string of sunny days has been refreshing but is by no means a substitute for Spring and everything associated with it: new classes, trips to the beach, playing ultimate, and looking for a new apartment.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm leaving on Valentine's Day. I'm not a particularly sentimental person but my recent moodiness makes me vulnerable to a whole slew of typical human emotions. Sometimes I think that sentimental people are foolish and unrealistic. But today, I'd like nothing more than a bouquet of tulips and to snuggle under the covers watching Beauty and the Beast.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm generally an angry person and the idea of committing to something that would otherwise be fun (i.e. a free trip to California, a road trip during Spring break, or any other number of events) makes me uncomfortable and crabby. Someone in my major actually called me out on being an angry person yesterday when I was under the impression that only my closest friends were aware of that. It's sad to think that I exude so much anger that even a person who I only interact with during classroom conversations can tell I'm an angry person. I should probably work on that.